dimanche 16 janvier 2011

My Home made fret saw Scroll saw

In the pursuit to expand my scrolling to the heights I decided to build a scroll saw using only the motor and switch from my commercial machine. The ability to weld was useful although my welding is poor. The machine is similar to the popular British built and supplied by Hobbies in Dereham Norfolk. The principle is two parallel arms working together to give a positive motion other machines which work on the same basis is the Diamond

Here are some pictures


 Simple Allen machine screws clamp the blade
After some practice I have decided to improve the Blade clamps as it was difficult to change and the blades had a habit of twisting hence not running true. So I set about creating a new clamps after some dreaming I came up with 10mm allen key cut down with a slot for the blade, this can be seen below.


The insert was made from a 10mm socket to prevent the clamp from twisting and a bolt thread added to allow easy tensioning of the blade.


The bottom clamp is similar but without the tensioner.



Example of scrolling made with this saw. Child's Crocodile Puzzle

Fret Scroll Hegner Diamond Record Proxxon

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire